Daughter of the Risen King



Christ follower. Blogger. Teenager. Reader. Sister. Friend. Lifeguard. Student. American.



Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dreams



Night dreams.
Day dreams.
Nightmares.
Late Night thoughts.

Discouraging thoughts most of the time.
All those famous people you want to meet. 
All those things you want to do with your life. 
Every possible combination of a perfect day you can think of.

Am I the only one who lays in bed at night thinking about all the things I could have done?
Am I the only one who lays in bed at night thinking about the past?
Am I the only one who lays in bed at night thinking about the tomorrow?
Am I the only one who lays in bed at night thinking about the future?
Am I the only who daydreams before I fall asleep into a deep unconsciousness? 
Am I the only who has a dream of a day that I wish would happen in real life, 
or a dream that I never want to cross my mind again?

You wish.
You hope.
You believe.

You convince yourself that it's gonna happen.
But sometimes, it's impossible.

Maybe a 1% chance, but only if you try with everything you've got.
You feel like your deepest desire at that moment is to find out who that person really is.
You make up scenarios in your mind that you think are so great but know are never going to happen.
You start believing but you just eventually give up even though you want it to happen so bad.
You get inspired.
You see a video online, a TV show, movie, or start talking more about it, 
and the feeling of urgency overwhelms you.

Your focus is on one thing and one thing only. 

One person.
One goal.
One event.
One circumstance.
One situation.
One more chance.
One more time.

I've had some really weird dreams, and some really scary ones.
I've had a nightmare about Hell once.

And you can't get out.
There's no chicken exit.
There's no magic lamp to rub.
There's no apologies accepted.
God won't hesitate to say no. 
He won't listen to your apologies.
You are there burning for all of time.

I've also had a dream about Heaven.
It's wonderful.
Beyond anything you could ever imagine.
And the only thing you have to do is repent of your sins and follow Jesus.
That's it.
Sounds simple right?
I think so.

You don't have to live in a nightmare forever.
Why not live in a dream?
The best dream you've ever had. For eternity.

It's your choice though.


No comments:

Post a Comment